Friday, August 05, 2011

Delaney Turns 3!

Birthdays are so bittersweet!  Delaney has always been my 'baby', even after Quinn.  Maybe it's because she is so itty bitty?  She was SO excited to turn 3 that it was hard not to be happy all day.  But I am sad that she is growing up.  Then I remember I still have another one to potty train, de-binky etc...but I do know that time is fleeting so I am trying to enjoy all the ups and downs before they can throw too much attitude back at me!  Nana Kathie was in town on her way to a wedding in Sun Valley, she got to spend the whole day with us.  We headed straight to Build A Bear where the girls picked out...dogs (?).
 Quinn finally decided to start walking...2 days in and she is a pro.
 Get her dog stuffed and fluffed.
 She wasn't quite sure about the whole process.
 After Build a Bear we were off to the last day of swim lessons which is game day.
I think this was 'Get as many ducks as you can'.
 Delaney won, mostly because you can't lose on your birthday.
Celeste has been the girls swim teacher this summer.  They LOVE her.  She also babysits, speaks 3 languages and is going to college.  I kind of love her too, she is great.
 I don't ever remember getting to play games or use any 'floaties' at swim lessons!  I mostly remember shivering and crying.  Times have changed!
 Back at home we finished off the famed princess cake.  The homemade variety.  I saved all the towers from a cake we had a few years ago.  Next time I'll just buy the d(*& cake from someone else.  The girls did have a good time decorating.  Especially Delaney who decided to suck on the tube of frosting.
 We had a little family/neighbor dinner to end the day.  The girls got some new markers which are a huge hit with the wrong kid.  Quinn likes to suck on them which is just super.
 Checking out the cake...
 Forced smile much Delaney?  Pretend you like your old mom.
 Family picture attempt #98747
 Telling us how it is.
 Present time!
 Hopefully we can grow some butterflies.  This is what we ended up with after Jesse shot down my goldfish idea.  I'm not sure how butterflies will be easier?
 Quinn trying to get in some early frosting nibbles.
 Lighting candles

 Delaney likes to tell Meredith whenever she is doing something wrong.  Not sure what was going on here..nothing good I'm sure.
 Grammy Dana get stuck sharing with Quinn.
Happy Birthday Delaney Jane!

No comments: