Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quinn McCall Hamilton

I had to get a picture of Delaney on her 'baby pillow', this is how we read books each night for the last few months.  I think she wishes Quinn were back in there acting as her pillow!
After getting bumped from an induction slot on Friday the 9th, we decided to let nature take it's course.  I'm so glad that we did, I started having real contractions at 8am on Saturday morning.   Turns out I have kids pretty quick.  This is me at 12:45pm after they told me I was 8cm and it was too late for an epidural.  Blasted - not again!
Hi Burke!  Our friend who is an OB was working and he stayed to make sure my Dr. arrived on time.  What a nice guy to know!
1:58pm, Quinn made her appearance.  The most 'fun' birth I've had by far.  Probably because I was laid back, knew what was happening and was SO ready to meet her!
Biggest kid yet!  7lbs12oz
Before no sleep, happy as clams!
Long toes and feet just like her mom.
Let the chaos begin!  Delaney did not like the situation AT ALL.  This was her only visit.  She lost it when the wheeled me out in a wheelchair.  Poor kid.  Thankfully she is adapting to her new sister really well now that we are home.
My Mom was able to meet Quinn too before her big journey to China!  I'm so glad she was able to be with the girls and meet Quinn.
Pandamonium in the delivery room.
What have we done!!!
Meredith is so excited about the baby, she is such a big helper.
Always the jokester, Jeremy brought us a cake.  I think the entire 8th floor got a piece!
Not loving her first bath.
24 hours later - time to go home!  I was missing the big girls...
Meredith made Quinn a wreath of tulip petals to welcome her home.
Delaney gets a turn at holding Quinn.
Merediths favorite new spot.  I wonder how long that will last?
Thank you to everyone for all your well wishes and kind words.  We are adjusting to life as a family of five and my patience will be tested when Jesse goes back to work on Thursday.  One day at a time!

No comments: