Monday, October 25, 2010

October 2010 - Week 3 (again)

Jesse was off on his annual hunting trip (this year it went to hell in a handbasket, I won't go into the details) so Grandma KK came into town to help me out.  Quinn had her surgery early one morning so it was nice to not have to worry about Meredith and Delaney.  I can't thank my Mom enough for all her help!  I put the poor lady to work babysitting most of the time she was here.  Hopefully she'll come back!
 I took a little photography workshop last week and learned a couple tricks.  Maybe I'll take better pictures now!  Most likely the settings will stay on auto...
Warm fall day in Boise
 Note the trees in the left of the picture.  Soon to be torn down.  I will be sad to see them go...
 We went to the FAAN Walk on Sat. to support our buddy Morgan.  Fun event with lots for the kids to do, like facepainting and pumpkin bowling!  It was raining so my camera didn't come out much.
 The sun came out on Sat. so we decided to carve our pumpkins.
 Papa Gene came over to scoop some guts.
 The princess didn't want to get her hands dirty.
 Delaney wanted nothing to do with the whole mess.
 I'm still laughing about our adventure on Sunday.  Dear Sara invited us on the Pumpkin Liner when they ended up with some extra tickets.  I have to thank her for even thinking of us, we are a circus to deal with most the time.  Anyway, I hesitated because Jesse HATES that train (another story for another day).  Anyway, it was pouring down rain and we had allllll day with the kids so we said 'Why not'?!
Long story short, we pulled into the lot in Horseshoe Bend as the whistle blew and the train started moving.  OH the tears that came from the backseat.  It was so sad, really pitiful.  And anyone who knows me knows that I am ALWAYS ON TIME.  Sara said she thought someone must have died for me to be late.
As I racked my brain to think of plan B, Jesse suggested we try and catch the train.  I ran inside and asked if we could meet the train somewhere and the nice folks at Thunder Mountain let us drive and meet the train.  The day was saved and the kids were happy!  It was slightly embarassing to have to run and jump on the train and walk by all 195 other passengers who knew we were late....
 Happy girls!
 Sam and Meredith, Delaney and Quinn
 I have no idea where she got the poncho or where it went.
 No hood for Delaney!
 I think Quinns ears were hurting.  Poor doll, I'm not so sure about the tubes.  Didn't seem to have the same instant relief that Delaney had when she got them.
 Rare family pic
 Delaney was the gatekeeper to the candycorn.  At this point I just didn't care anymore.  I think this week is going to be sugar infused anyway.
Thanks Richins for putting up with us yet again!

No comments: