Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stone Soup Feast at Roosevelt

Meredith invited Delaney (this is big people) and I to attend her Kindergarten Stone Soup Feast today at her school.  They have been working all month on placemats, napkin holders, costumes, food etc...to get ready for the big day.  Thankfully I left the terrorist (Quinn) at home so we did not have a Thanksgiving masacre on our hands.  Delaney, Meredith and I had a great feast!
 Poor Delaney is fighting off a bad UTI and was NOT feeling well but insisted on going.  Meredith sometimes is proud to show off her little sister...sometimes.
 Cooper sat at our table too.  He is a big Delaney fan.
 Liam G, or Liam B (there are so many of them) and Meredith.
 Meredith opted to be a Native American at the feast.  KK sent us some shells she hand picked off the beach in South Carolina last month, she then hand drilled holes.  What a Grandma I tell you!  We made pretty necklaces with the shells and some wooden beads.
 Some Native Americans (NOT Indians).  Only 2 kids opted to be Pilgrims.  I think the fancy vests and feaethers swayed the Kindergartners a bit.

 Meredith got to decorate a big feather for the class turkey! 
 So much to say about this picture...
On the way out of the school there is a big board with a picture of each student and their "I am..." chalkboard.  It's huge and fun to look at but my first thought was that it totally reminded me of the Holocaust museum I have visited in D.C., which is horrible I know.
My second thought is that this might be behind the bar at Suds Tavern in a few years with a sign saying "Not Permitted". 

No comments: