Monday, July 08, 2013

June Road Trip!

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I decided to drag the kids from McCall to Spokane and then to Seattle.  Just for a 'fun' trip.  It actually was really fun, and pretty easy too!  Thankfully we picked KK up on the way so I had an extra set of hands.  Couldn't have done it without her!  What I missed was taking pictures with my dear, dear sorority sisters.  It was fun to catch up, but a long girls weekend needs to get planned very soon!

Our first stop was the good old UW.  They thought the buildings looked like castles and that Delta Gamma was a mansion.  It was pretty dreamy going to school in such a great place!
The first day in Seattle we toured the Woodland Park Zoo.  For FIVE hours.  I didn't think we would last nearly that long but the kids did great. 
We got to see lots of cool stuff that we don't have at Zoo Boise.

 We searched all day for the roaming peakcocks and right as we were leaving we saw this guy.  If you ask the girls what their favorite animal at the zoo was, they will tell you the peacock!

We snuck in a quick trip to the Space Needle after the zoo.  

Day two, we hit the waterfront and started at the Seattle Aquarium.
The girls loved watching the seals swim and play.
 I need to upload Merediths pictures, I think she took more than me.  I'm sure of it.

 The ferris wheel was not KKs favorite.
 

A trip on the ferry was not thrilling for Delaney...at all.
These two enjoyed the typical Seattle weather.
Major highlight on the way home was stopping at the American Girl Store.
It was really fun to see all the doll stuff up close.  The girls didn't ask for anything, I think they were too overwhelmed.  
I was just happy to get their dolls hair all fixed and untangled.
We wrapped up our fun Seattle trip with lunch at the AG Cafe.  Of course the girls thought it was great to eat with their dolls.



No comments: