Sunday, August 02, 2009

Delaney Turns One!

First birthdays are so bittersweet. I love seeing my kids reach milestones but I hate seeing my little babies grow up! We celebrated Delaney (8.4.08) and Payton Bordners (8.5.08) 1st birthdays this weekend at our house. Despite the hot hot weather everyone seemed to have a great time. Thanks to Kirstin for co-hosting and bringing lots of good stuff to eat and drink! And thanks to Jesse for helping me set everything up, and for being a great husband and Daddy. And another thanks to all our fantastic friends who came out to help celebrate with us!
Front Yard Party!
Me, Meredith and Delaney waiting for our guests to arrive.
Delaney checking out the decorations.
Party planning Mamas. Payton says "Yea!"
The big kids were more into opening presents than these two.
Although Delaney did stop to admire the adorable orange tutu from her buddy Payton.
My poor child who gets sooo overheated.
Cake time! Delaney was a little intimidated by the little cake I made her. Payton daintily dug in with one finger, just like a lady.
Trying it out...
Opting for the easier to eat mini-cupcake.
Come to find out, one box of cake mix makes 72 mini cupcakes. We at them all!
Our lovely neighbors let us use their backyard and pool. Everyone enjoyed cooling off. Delaney spend a lot of time in this pool and is getting good at 'jumping' off the side.
Always the lady, Payton floated and observed.
Sorry Ryan, I couldn't leave you out!
Isla prefered hanging pool side.
As did Karen. Cheers!
I have tons more pictures, for all you diehard fans you can check them out HERE.



































No comments: