Monday, January 31, 2011

January 2011 - Wrapping Up

I swear, every year around this time we all get sick off and on for months.  Yuck!  I am on week 3 of a nasty sinus infection which I hope to kick in the butt with some antibiotics.  I had the Dr. check Quinns ears today, just because I had a feeling she has had an ear infection.  Sure enough!  What gives, I thought tubes would cure all.  Poor kid, I just don't know what to do about these infections.

On a happier note, we went to a great bday party last weekend. 
Our little friend Kennedy turned 3, she had a milk n cookies party. 
Kennedy has a mom that throws the best parties. 
I mean look at that cake? 
 My girls decorating cookies

 Pinata meham
 Kennedy!  Sporting her cookie babylegs of course.
 Kennedys mom also makes the best cookies.  She set up a cookie bar with little baggies for us to take home treats.  I'm still recovering from the sugar I consumed.
 This past weekend we hit the McCall Winter Carnival.  I don't remember it being so low-brow (think pitbulls and cigarettes).  I was kind of sad about the whole thing.  The kids had fun though!
We even made the Fri. night torchlight parade and fireworks show.
 Butteryfly glow sticks.  Little did I know that they play the most. annoying. music. ever.
 Watching fireworks.
 Kathie and Mike joined us for the weekend.  Kathie has been dying to ski with Meredith and she got her chance.  Delaney also hit the slopes and made 5 runs!
 So proud of her for skiing.  She was by far the tiniest one on the mountain.

We met up with the Richins to let the kids ride the rides at the kids fair.  Adam was super thrilled to be on the carousel with Eli.
 I think Sara got the better deal riding with Sam on the Ferris Wheel.
 Meredith LOVES rides.  Much to my dismay.  I hope she never hears of a little thing called the Idaho State Fair.  She's going to have to get her Dad to take her.
 Waiting for the super fun saucer ride.
 Delaney held on for dear life.
 Sam and Eli had a blast!
 Part of the Winter Carnival is the ice sculpture contest.  Here are the girls at the Forest Service sculpture, riding a snowmobile.  Jesse wishes it were a real one.  He hasn't worn me down yet, I'm holding firm on my 'no snowmobile' stance!  I can't handle owning another trailer.
 Ice chairlift!
The dogs love hanging out by Quinn.  Food!

No comments: