Sunday, July 05, 2009

July 2009 - Week 1

Oh Happy Day!
I must start by saying that I am beyond excited for 2 sets of dear friends who became parents today. My dearest friend Naomi and her husband Jeff welcomed a sweet 8lb. baby boy into the world a bit unexpectedly last night, only hours after moving into their new house. They battled Seattle fireworks traffic and made it in the nick of time. I'm super jealous of my Seattle friends who get to meet Little Man York (yet to be named), someone PLEASE get a picture for me! Congrats to Jeff and Naomi on the most awesome adventure anyone can begin to imagine.
*Naomi - It's killing me not to be there. You know I could have your house organized in hours*
Our dear friends John, Jeannette and Fisher Anderson welcomed little Finn Anderson this morning at 6:30am. This little guy we will be meeting soon and I can't wait. Meredith said this morning "How exciting, two new babies!!". She is so very right, and how thankful we are for these little ones coming into our lives.
Now, on to our super busy and fun-filled weekend here in Boise. We started the weekend off at a Reckless Kelly concert at the Botanical Gardens with the Skenes. Great people watching, especially when we ran into Mark Boyer! Somehow this is the only picture I ended up with, bummer.
On Saturday we embarked upon a 4th of July float down the Payette River, my first time in a looong while. We decided to opt out of doing a full-blown Pirates of the Payette adventure, maybe next year! We did get to take our good friends Hank and Chelsey Samonte (in from Seattle) on the trip. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. We only had a few casualties. Ryan Skene got his bell rung on the poop shoot, my hamstring took a blow when I launched into the rowing frame and 3 pairs of sunglasses were donated to the river Gods.
The Ramstads gearing up.
The ladies, Chelsey, Brooke, Molly and Heather. I'm so mad I left my favorite running shorts at the take-out. Dammit.
The Samontes were kind enough to bring some homemade hooch.
Green boat captained by Ryan Keanrney.
We raced home, threw some clothes on picked up the chittlins and headed to the Ramstads for a BBQ. They did not disappoint, thanks Ramstads!
Meredith and Morgan sparklering it up.
Running with fire is always a good idea. Always.
Meredith wanted the 'booms' to stop so Brooke found her some earmuffs. Perfect when it's 100 degrees out!
And a pig nose. Not sweaty at all.
Meredith loves Morgan, loves.
Morgan was showing me which tooth was going to fall out fast. Apparently they can't fall out quick enough for an almost-five-year-old.
PYTs. This was right before the Michael Jackson Tribute Dance Off.
Delaney was quite satisfied playing in a cooler of ice all night. Thanks for the matchy matchy 4th of July dresses Grandma KK!
Next Up - Girls Gone Wild in McCall. Then Montana. Then Washington.














No comments: